For this renovation, I was faced with a kitchen stuck in a 1970s time warp – and the challenge of giving it a quick cosmetic refresh for under $1,000.
On this kind of budget, paint and a lot of DIY is your best friend. Here’s what I did, mainly using specialty paints from White Knight:
- Cabinet resurfacing
- Benchtop resurfacing
- Tile painting the old tiles
- Repainting of walls above cabinetry and window frame
- Installation of DIY self-adhesive Gerflor vinyl flooring
- Updating existing kitchen lighting;
- Stainless steel painting of existing metal rangehood
- Install new kitchen cabinet handles
- Replace old window curtains with a modern blind.
Property Value Before Renovation: $965,000.00
Renovation Spend: $991.63
Property Value Post Renovation: $975,000.00
Profit (After Reno Costs): $9,008.37