Renovating For Profit (ACN 18 137 388 455) knows how important it is to maintain confidentiality about the information we use and share about you. We appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting www.renovatingforprofit.com.au, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
- Subscribing to our website is completely optional. Subscription may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, your areas of interest, options on receiving updates and promotional material and other information.
- Renovating For Profit will only use personal information obtained for the provision of services, for the secondary purpose of direct marketing where:
- We collected the personal information from the individual; and
- The individual would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing; and
- The individual has NOT requested such communications cease;
- We provide a simple means through which an individual can request to not receive our marketing communications. If you are a subscriber to our database, you always have the option of unsubscribing and no longer receiving our communications. At the bottom of each communication, there is an opt-out option. Simply click on “Unsubscribe”. You will immediately be unsubscribed from these communications. Your personal details will remain on our database with a do not contact tag linked to your profile. Should you require your personal details to be permanently deleted from our database, please send a request to do so at [email protected]; and
- You consent to us using your personal information to send you information about our products, services and offers, as well as the products and services of our affiliates and third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you communications by email, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages;
- From time to time, we may make videos, take photographs or make audio recordings of our events, services and products, which may include your image or voice. You consent to being included in those videos, photographs, audio recordings and other written publications. You agree that you will receive no financial compensation for the use of your image and / or voice in any video, photograph, audio recording or written publication.
Often the law requires us to advise you of certain changes to products / services or regulations. You will continue to receive this information from us even if you choose not to receive direct marketing information from us. We will not disclose your information to any outside parties for the purpose of allowing them to directly market to you.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- Renovating For Profit will never sell your personal data. If we want to inform you of goods and services provided from other companies or third parties, Renovating For Profit will contact you directly. We will never pass on your personal details, direct to those companies or third parties.
- Should you purchase a product from us such as an online course that may require support services such as technical assistance, you authorise our trusted operational and support partners to access your information on Renovating For Profit’s operational platforms only. Again, these companies will not sell your personal data and they are contractually prevented from doing so. Further, any product support company who has access to our operational platforms, can only use the data for their contractually agreed purposes and must handle the data in a confidential and secure manner in accordance with Australian privacy legislation.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures considering current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses: Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site: http://www.privacy.gov.au/.