Purchased in March 2016 by Cosmetic Renovations For Profit graduate Virginie, this freestanding weatherboard home was ripe for a cosmetic renovation. She purchased it for $495,000 by private treaty in the outer western Sydney suburb of Campbelltown.
The following “cookie cutter” works were done:
- new paint to all rooms and external walls,roof and garage walls
- new lighting,
- brand new kitchen with new appliances,
- new bathroom,
- adding an additional bathroom,
- remove carpets and polish floor,
- removal of a wall to make open plan
“I learnt so much from Cherie’s bootcamp, from pre-purchase all the way through to completion,” says Virginie. “I really love how everything in the course is so organised and I can just proceed step by step; it was really easy to follow the program.”
The purchaser who bought it from Virginie immediately rented the house out for $550 per week.
- Purchase date 10 March 2016
- Purchase price $495,000
- Renovation spend $56,000
- Sold price $625,000 in September 2016
- Estimated profit $35,000